Being a part of the Disney College Program has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember, and I’ve got a long bucket list of things to accomplish while I’m there!
Now that I have officially got accepted and begin my journey as a Disney cast member, I want to make the most out of the four months I will be living, earning, and learning while at WDW. To help, I decided to make a DCP Bucket List, listing all the activities and goals I want to accomplish while I am working in the world! If you want to keep with my bucket list, I will be marking them off as I progress through my program. So, here it is…My Fall 2012 DCP Bucket List, woohoo! =)
1. Go on every, single ride in all four parks. As you all know, I have been to Disney many, many times, and obviously, have ridden several of the rides. Surprisingly, however, there are many I have not been on. Alas, here are the attractions I want to ride while at the DCP:
Magic Kingdom: Ariel’s Grotto, Carousel of Progress, Dumbo the Flying Elephant (it has been newly refurbished), Enchanted Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, and Tom Sawyer Island.
Epcot: The American Adventure, Captain EO starring Michael Jackson, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, and Journey Into Imagination With Figment.
Hollywood Studios: The American Idol Experience, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Voyage of The Little Mermaid, The Magic of Disney Animation, and Star Tours (I haven’t been on since it has been renovated).
2. Watch Animal Kingdom’s Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo: The Musical, and Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends, and Hollywood Studios’ Fantasmic.
3. Eat a gelato ice cream sandwich in the Italian pavilion at Epcot, the mac-n-cheese and bacon topped hot dog at Hollywood Studios’ Fairfax, the King Cupcake at POP Century, and the dinner (aka: the “real” version) poutine at Le Cellier!
4. Attend both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
5. Go see Neil Patrick Harris narrate the Candlelight Processional.
6. Watch Finding Nemo: 3D, which comes out September 14, at the AMC Theatre in Downtown Disney.
7. Be a Disney VoluntEAR!
8. Dress up and hit the town September 8 for Dapper Day.
9. Go on as many tours as I can, especially the Backstage Magic Tour!
10. Explore the expanded and renovated Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom, which has a tentative opening date of December 6.
11. Drink around the world during the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.
12. Watch or participate in the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
13. Find as many Hidden Mickeys as I can!
14. Visit both water parks.
15. Go to has many DCP events as possible!
16. Be memorized by the acrobatics at Cirque du Soleil – La Nouba.
17. Hop over to Universal Studios to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Halloween Horror Nights.
18. Have Mickey Mouse mail my niece a postcard! 😉
19. Ride an outdoor ride during one of the firework shows.
20. And lastly, get a little visit from Ryan Gosling. (Hey, it’s my bucket list! A girl can dream, right? =P)
Written by: Brittany Madden