So, four months flew by and I am now officially done with my internship at Walt Disney World. The Disney College Program was everything I wanted and more! I keep saying it was the best decision I ever made, because it truly was. The experiences, friendships, and memories I made will last me a lifetime. I will forever be thankful for the college program because it made me a better employee, educator, and all-around person.
It is hard to pinpoint my favorite moment from the program because there were just so many good times! However, if I had to pick, here are some of my favorites:
- Watching Hanson, Boyz II Men (and getting a laugh from Shawn), and Sugar Ray perform live during the Food and Wine Festival!
- Going to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party…so much fun!
- Finally seeing Festival of the Lion King. Seriously, it will change your life!
- Taking a mini-break from the Disney world and seeing one of my favorite bands, The Avett Brothers, in Clearwater, FL. And we even got one of the band member’s autographs!!
- Getting a cast preview of Magic Kingdom’s newly expanded Fantasyland.
- Closing down Animal Kingdom and having a cast only Halloween party!
- Seeing the new castle show at Magic Kingdom, Celebrate the Magic. It is SO good!
- Working as a “screaming fan”, celebrating cast members who have worked at Disney for 10 or more years!
- Having the best day ever at Trail’s End Restaurant and the Fort Wilderness campgrounds.
- Opening my birthday package courtesy of my momma. (Ryan Gosling was included =D)
- Being part of the Christmas Parade filming and being 10 feet away from PHILLIP PHILLIPS!
- Eating at Yachtsman…new favorite restaurant!
- Becoming the Rebel Spy on Star Tours and meeting the best cast member ever, Mark! (He liked us so much we got to ride Rockin’ Roller Coaster twice in a row and got a backstage peek at the ride!)
- Waking up at the crack of dawn to celebrate Christmas with the best roommates around!
- Going to three parks (Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom) all in one day, oh yeah!
To celebrate my graduation from the program, enjoy some of my favorite photos while living, learning, and working at the most magical place on earth! And luckily for you Saving
Catch up on previous DCP posts:
- Disney College Program Bucket List!
- First Two Weeks as a Disney College Program Intern!
- Disney College Program Bucket List – September Update
- Disney College Program Bucket List – Fall Update
Written by: Brittany Madden