These Carrot Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make, come together with just three ingredients, and will be the star of your Easter buffet!
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. First, it celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Second, I really like Easter food and look forward to Easter dinner for weeks leading up to the holiday. We do a simple menu with ham, mashed potatoes, and several veggie sides. For dessert, we usually do a trifle, mini cheesecakes, and my Carrot Rice Krispie Treats. They look so cute and festive spread around the table, and everyone loves rice Krispie treats! If I’m being honest, these are so easy to put together that I can’t even call it a recipe.
Store-bought rice Krispie treats, orange melting chips, and edible Easter grass are all you need to put together these adorable treats. Using store-bought is intentional. I have found that homemade rice Krispie treats don’t hold up as well, so embrace taking some help from the store and how much easier it makes these!
What you’ll need to make carrot-shaped Rice Krispie treats:
- Store-bought rice Krispie treats: we use these
- Orange candy melting chips: Wilton is our fav
- Edible Easter grass: we like use this (green Pull “n” Peel Twizzlers work too)
- Long toothpicks: 6″ is a perfect size and have so many uses
- Parchment paper: we use this daily in our kitchen
How to make carrot rice Krispie treats:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Cut each treat in diagonal shapes.
- Melt candy coating.
- Refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Make carrots tops with edible grass.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it is so quick and easy, making it a perfect last-minute treat.
I prefer the green Twizzlers for the carrot tops because they have a deeper green color, but those are harder to find locally. Use your imagination and have fun. You could go crazy and do different color carrots!
If you make them please follow and tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations and will share them!
Serve this with:
- Mini Cheesecakes with Cranberry Topping
- Deviled Egg Dip
- Shrimp & Avocado Salad
- Fresh Corn Salad
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Bacon & Tomato Bowtie Pasta Salad
Did you try this recipe?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadefood
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
Carrot Rice Krispie Treats for EasterPlain Everything Recipe Index
- 3 Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 oz Orange Candy Melting Chips
- Edible Easter Grass, Green Twizzlers, or Rips Whips Candy
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut each treat in half lengthwise, and then cut each one in half diagonally.
- Insert a toothpick into the flat end of each treat and lay on parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for five minutes.
- Pour the orange candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir, repeating until melted and smooth.
- Coat each "carrot" by holding it over the bowl and using a spoon to drizzle the coating on all sides.
- Return the carrot to the cookie sheet.
- When you've coated all of them, place the sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Cut 1" pieces of the edible Easter grass to make the carrot tops.
- Remove the toothpick from the end of the carrot, and carefull insert a couple of pieces of edible grass. You can use the toothpick to make a larger/deeper hole if needed.