Italian baked eggs combine basil, spinach, tomatoes, and Parmesan for a quick and easy meal that’s healthy, satisfying, and full of flavor!
If I had to choose one food that I would never want to live without, it would be eggs. Scrambled or fried, my husband and I eat them almost every morning, and I whip up these Italian baked eggs on a regular basis!
If you’ve never baked your eggs, it’s a total game-changer, especially at breakfast. Mornings are usually busy, and you can get the kid’s lunches ready (or your own) while the eggs are in the oven. I use my toaster oven for this, which is even easier. It heats up much quicker!
Eggs are quite literally the perfect breakfast!
At around 6 grams per egg, they’re packed with protein. In fact, they’re the perfect fat to protein ratio to keep you full and satisfied for hours.
Eggs are also inexpensive. To make these baked eggs all week, all you need is a dozen eggs, a package of spinach, and a point of tomatoes, which should cost you no more than ten bucks!
Lastly, they’re quick to prepare. There have been many mornings that all I’ve had time to do is scramble up a couple of eggs, which literally takes about three minutes. Then, I just throw them in a to-go container, grab a slice of bread (or don’t), and I’ve got a much healthier option than fast food.
There are endless variations for this recipe, but I tend to go with Italian flavors the most since I almost always have these ingredients on hand. Of course, you could use any kind of greens, leave out the tomatoes, add avocado, peppers, green onions, or different herbs. If you’ve got some cooked bacon or sausage on hand, that would be good too.
This would be a great meal for those on a low carb or gluten-free diet. I like to serve them with some kind of bread for dipping in the yolk. You could use regular, gluten-free bread, or even your favorite keto bread recipe. Keto bread is mostly protein, making this even more filling.
This makes two one-egg servings, but can easily be doubled or tripled. If you use a larger pan, you’ll just have to adjust the cooking time. You could even add two eggs to one ramekin if it will fit without overflowing. Enjoy!
How to make Italian baked eggs:
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix together everything but the eggs.
- Add the spinach mixture and eggs to your ramekins.
- Bake until the whites of the eggs are set.
- Serve with fresh basil and extra cheese.
More easy recipes you may like:
- Shrimp & Avocado Salad
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- Deviled Egg Dip
- Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Easy Oven-Roasted Broccoli
Did you try this recipe?
- Leave us a comment or rating below!
- Tag and hashtag us on Instagram @nashvillemade #nashvillemadefood
- Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Sign up here to receive our weekly roundup in your inbox.
Italian Baked Eggs With Spinach & Tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray.
- Fresh basil and additional Parmesan for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a small bowl, mix everything together except the eggs.
- Spray your ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide the spinach mixture between two ramekins.
- Make a well where you want the eggs and carefully crack one egg into each ramekin.
- Bake until the whites of the eggs are just set, about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and additional Parmesan cheese.